If you are under investigation or have been detained by the Gardaí, you may not know where to turn. Any statements you give may be used as a basis for prosecution or further investigation. Therefore, it is critical that you retain specialist advice from an experienced criminal defence solicitor.
While it is preferable to get advice before you have to appear in Court or attend at a Gardaí station,Peter Connolly, Court Solicitor, provides immediate and experienced criminal defence of clients under investigation or detained at Gardaí stations within the Dublin metropolitan area. Our firm is able to act on an emergency basis to attend clients who are currently under arrest or in jail, and represents clients before all Courts on both a private and legal aid basis.
Our firm provides experienced advice and effective representation through all stages of criminal procedure, including questioning, detention and arrest by the An Garda Síochána. Our criminal practice focuses on the following key areas:
- Road traffic prosecutions for dangerous or careless driving, drunken driving and dangerous driving
- Murder, assault or sexual offences
- White collar crimes such as fraud, false accounting, tax evasion or money laundering
- Possession and supply of drugs
- Advice in all areas of asset seizure, search warrants, forfeiture and confiscation law
- Defence against investigation by the Criminal Assets Bureau (CAB) and other state agencies such as the Director of Corporate Enforcement, the Competition Authority, the Financial Regulator or the Revenue Commissioners, Customs & Excise
- All aspects of international and Irish extradition law, including applications under the European Arrest Warrant Act
- All aspects of Mutual Assistance (the gathering of evidence for use in criminal trials in foreign countries)
- Representation before the Coroner’s Court with regard to inquests under the Coroners Act
- Private prosecutions before the relevant District Court or higher courts for the victims of crimes where no DPP prosecution has been directed
- Children’s Court representation
Our Dublin criminal law solicitor will defend your rights at every turn so as to minimise the charges or consequences you face. He will instruct leading counsel to perform in-depth analysis of the evidence involved, as well as expert witnesses when necessary to assist in your defence. Our goal is to achieve the best result possible in a timely, cost-effective manner.
If you or someone you know is a suspect or under arrest or facing a criminal investigation, we provide immediate advice and representation. Please contact us as soon as possible to protect your rights and interests.